The Future of Our Healthcare
The Sands-Constellation Center for Critical Care
The Sands-Constellation Center for Critical Care is the most ambitious project undertaken at Rochester General Hospital since the current campus was built more than 60 years ago. Designed for efficiency, this significant addition to the hospital will enable us to continue to deliver the highest standards of patient and family-centered care by improving patient flow, access, safety, privacy and comfort.
First Floor - Welcome Center
Serves as the welcome point for the center, with public spaces for visitors and families, as well as elevator access.
- A new café provides a convenient location for a meal or just a place to sit and relax.
- An open atrium/lobby connects the new building with the existing hospital and serves as a comfortable commons area.
Second Floor - Surgical Care
A new state-of-the-art surgical center provides a better-equipped and more flexible system to handle interdisciplinary procedures.
- The operating suite consists of 20 operating rooms designed for various procedures, including orthopaedic, vascular, spine, neurological, gynecological and general surgery, among others.
- An adjacent post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) includes 28 private patient bays with extensive nurse support.
Third Floor - Women's Health and Newborn Care
Collocated neonatal and maternity services provide vital care for babies and new mothers.
- The RGHA Twigs Neonatal Intensive Care Unit includes 14 private rooms for babies that provide more space and comfort for families, while enhancing infection control.
- The postpartum suite has 20 private rooms designed to ensure a family-centered environment around mother and baby.
Fifth, Sixth & Eighth Floors - Patient-Centric Care
The patient bed floors (configured identically) feature a total of 108 private, acuity-adaptable rooms that allow for progressive and critical care in the same setting, resulting in better patient outcomes and greater efficiency.
- 36 private patient rooms per floor, each with patient, family, and caregiver “zones” to enhance quality of care and comfort.
- Large, comfortable waiting areas are located on each floor.